Heroes of Brawl
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Be a Gamer today, Be a Hero tomorrow!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

BRAWL TECHNIQUES

Go down 
+3
N.J.
SKM94
Dookie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dookie
Dookie

Male Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-04-16

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptyMon May 12, 2008 9:34 pm

Well, these are some techniques in brawl that should help some people out, especially those new to brawl. What they are and how to use em.

Short Hopping
Allows you to do aerial attacks on somebody who is on the ground quickly. Very useful for people like Jiggly and even heavier characters like Dedede. Practice it with slow characters.
You should use the jump button for this, not pressing up. Just tap the jump button quickly so that your character only comes a short distance off the ground, then combine it with a midair A attack. Depending on the character its usefulness with differ.

Crouching
This is more of a "did you know?". Crouching is actually pretty useful. Just crouch right before you're about to get hit with a hard attack and you'll suffer significantly less knockback.

B-Sticking
Only works with the gamecube controller. Wii-people, GET OUT. Go into your controller options and set the C-stick from smash attacks to special attacks. Just run, jump, and while holding the direction you are jumping in, press the C-stick in the opposite direction. Your character will use their Side-B attack, but when they use it they will BOUNCE in the opposite direction! Good for confusing people. This will only work with some characters, and the best results i've seen so far are with Ness/Lucas.

Grabbing
Ok, most of you probably know this, but if you dash and then grab quickly in the opposite direction, your grab range is greatly increased. Also, you can grab people who arent touching the ground as long as they are in front of you (Another obvious one). Some characters can use Chain grabs, where they grab, throw, grab, throw, grab throw, etc. Best characters i know of for chain grabbing are Dedede and the Ice Climbers. It's their down throw by the way. If dedede gets someone against a wall, they should be prepared for an endless chaingrab leading towards LOTS of damage.

My hands hurt.

Okay, whatever, there are some tips you may or may not know about. Maybe i'll put more up later if i think of some. If you guys feel you need to add anything, go right ahead. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
SKM94
Co Admin
Co Admin
SKM94

Male Number of posts : 1200
Registration date : 2008-04-06

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptyMon May 12, 2008 9:41 pm

WOA awesome!
Back to top Go down
https://dhwqigvfuqdhfvijwdfv.forumakers.com
Dookie
Dookie

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptyMon May 12, 2008 9:46 pm

I'm adding one more thing for today

TAUNT ATTACKS
Well, thought i should mention it. The only people i can remember who can attack with a taunt are Snake and Luigi.
When snake throws his box off, it will damage people.
The cool thing about LUIGI'S taunt is that if the person is hanging on a ledge and you use it, it is pretty much a 100% chance KO. It will spike STRAIGHT down even if the person is at 0%
Back to top Go down
N.J.
N.J.

Male Number of posts : 1426

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptyTue May 13, 2008 5:29 am

awsome
Back to top Go down
Dookie
Dookie

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptyTue May 13, 2008 5:57 pm

Okay, here's TWO more!

Edgehogging
You're on the ledge, and nobody else can grab onto it then. simple as that. Works very well on people with tether recoveries.
Unfortunately, unless you do it right, people with offensive recoveries will hit you off. What to do?
Use the invulnerability frames. Drop from the edge and grab it again, when your character flashes for a while they cant be hurt, but you need good timing. That is the RIGHT way to edgehog. But it's hard to do.

"Special" attacks
In this game, some attacks have special properties to them that aren't so obvious. And i'm not going to mention jigglypuff's rest.
Captain falcon's foward midair attack- Is a knee. Use timing to connect with the TIP of his knee and the other person will be electrocuted and sent much further than with the normal knee.
Same with zelda, her midair kick does this too.
Wolf's reflector. You may think its bad because it doesn't do much damage up close. Well, if you time it right, it's a counter. It doesn't return damage like other counters, but its still pretty useful
Kirby's rock. When used on the ground, it acts very similar to how wolf's reflector counter works. You need better timing for this.
Olimar's down B- This isn't much, but it reorders your Pikmin, if you want to use a certain color.
Ness and Lucas' Side smash- It can reflect objects thrown if you hit the object with the bat/stick
Zero suit Samus' down B- It can be used as a second midair jump. Think of it like this: Jump, jump, down B, Up B. Also helps when recovering.
Bombs for Link/Toon link or C4 For Snake- Say you are knocked off the stage, real far away. What a good link player could do is pull out a bomb, jump, use up B, and then when the bomb explodes, he can use up B again, which gives him a better recovery. Snake, while falling, can drop some C4, detonate it, and hope it sends him upwards.
Bowser's Fire- Just makes link's arrows and boomerangs go poof. Maybe other things too, i havent tested it.

Last edited by Dookie on Mon May 19, 2008 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
N.J.
N.J.

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptyTue May 13, 2008 9:03 pm

wat abaut stall and fall
Back to top Go down
Dookie
Dookie

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptyTue May 13, 2008 9:12 pm

N.J. wrote:
wat abaut stall and fall

I dont feel like typing anymore for a while, you could write one if you want.
Back to top Go down
N.J.
N.J.

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptyWed May 14, 2008 4:56 am

yeah right!!!
Back to top Go down
Marth_King

Marth_King

Number of posts : 1562
Location : Right behind you!!!!excpet when your in the bathroom, then i am by the door lol
Registration date : 2008-04-09

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptyWed May 14, 2008 6:02 am

Dont be lazy NJ the reason why i aint bc im trying to find a war to do with a clan
Back to top Go down
N.J.
N.J.

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptyWed May 14, 2008 7:15 am

yeah sure *cough lazy cough* sorry catching an online cold
Back to top Go down
Yoshi Knight
Admin (brother of marth king)
Yoshi Knight

Male Number of posts : 1815
Registration date : 2008-04-03

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptySun May 18, 2008 1:32 am

N.J. wrote:
awsome
YAY thank you dookie
Back to top Go down
Yoshi Knight
Yoshi Knight

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptySun May 18, 2008 1:32 am

N.J. wrote:
awsome
YAY thank you dookie
Back to top Go down
N.J.
N.J.

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptySun May 18, 2008 6:27 am

double post delete 1
Back to top Go down
Dookie
Dookie

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptyMon May 19, 2008 2:16 pm

Yay! Something new!

Tap-runninng
Ok, i dont know what to call this, tap-dashing, dash-running, whatever. But its basically moving across the stage by tapping the control stick instead of holding it:
>TAP >TAP >TAP >TAP >TAP
For some characters it is faster than running because it keeps them at the speed that is at the start of their dash. It works well with faster characters.
This is also good to use because people will usually not expect you to do a smash attack out of it, or something of the like.
Back to top Go down
Marth_King

Marth_King

Location : Right behind you!!!!excpet when your in the bathroom, then i am by the door lol

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptyMon May 19, 2008 2:24 pm

that is a good idea for marth but i stick with his arials more
Back to top Go down
N.J.
N.J.

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptyTue May 20, 2008 4:52 am

yeah good idea
Back to top Go down
Dookie
Dookie

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 10:03 pm

OKIE, I feel like writing something new.

Dash Dancing

Ok, well this is actually very similar to the tap dash. In my opinion it's more useful though. Just use the control stick and press it left and right, back and forth, VERY quickly. Your character should start turning back and forth reeealllyyy fast. (They should NOT be dashing, stopping, and dashing again) This is good because using it will:
-Allow you to quickly go at top speed in either direction with no warning
-Confuse the opponent
-Is a good way to use a surprise smash attack or any other kind like that.
And this will work with ANY character.

Thats it.

Oh and by the way, if any of you don't get how to do some of these things, just ask me to show them to you
Back to top Go down
Marth_King

Marth_King

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 10:08 pm

dookie i got an idea, me and u could make a vid of each one together in a battle and i can record it just take turns doin each one and i can edit it in movie makers
Back to top Go down
Dookie
Dookie

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 10:10 pm

Gewd idea, let's DO it! But maybe put some extra stuff in too.
Back to top Go down
Chaos

Chaos

Male Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2008-06-01

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 3:25 pm

COOL!
Back to top Go down
http://chaosforums.aforumfree.com
Yoshi Knight
Yoshi Knight

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 12:13 am

Yea i know so amazing such perfection.
Back to top Go down
LINK
Pre Moderator
Pre Moderator

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2008-05-24

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 7:08 am

woaaaaaaaaaa
Back to top Go down
LINK
Pre Moderator
Pre Moderator

Number of posts : 409
Registration date : 2008-05-24

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptySun Jun 29, 2008 7:08 am

i became the best im unstoppable
Back to top Go down
Chaos

Chaos

Male Number of posts : 383
Registration date : 2008-06-01

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES EmptySat Jul 19, 2008 6:25 am

hey thats my line link =_=
Back to top Go down
http://chaosforums.aforumfree.com
Sponsored content

BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty
PostSubject: Re: BRAWL TECHNIQUES   BRAWL TECHNIQUES Empty

Back to top Go down

BRAWL TECHNIQUES
Page 1 of 1